Thursday, April 9, 2009

Are you an artist?


Ever since i could remember i always wanted to paint, write, and sing...I always put them off because I never had time for it, always had a busy schedule or always thought i didnt have the skills to pain write or sing( well I def. cannot sing lol so lets focus on painting and writing)......

This year i decided to dive in and do what i am destined to do...I started to do more writing, and paint..yes paint (Im actually pretty good at it, not that there is a good scale in good art and bad art)...What has pushed me further into this creativity has been my session with Toni Blackman and reading the book Artist Way by Julia Cameron..they have both taught me to pursue what i want to do with no fear. Pretty simple advise, but implementing it has been a struggle. trying to balance my school work, community activism work, and social life is hectic --

Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy: pure creative energy.
You need to claim the events of your life to make yourself yours


^ These are the words by Julia Cameron, she is helping me reintroduce myself to creativity in a 12 week process. u kno, everyone has creativty, and everyone can create --it is how we channel it --and most of us block that channeling with our busy schedules or fear that we cant do it...So I wanted to share with ya my answer to the question " Are you an artist?

I am an artist. I create. I am willing to create, There us a divine plan of goodness for me..I, Sonia am a brilliant and prolific writer and painter.

No comments: