Sunday, October 18, 2009
YOUNG VOICES NATION!
YOUNG VOICES NATION!
ALL CITY TOUR
That's right were taking this act on the road! After 2 successful events. Sound Off 4 Healthcare East Harlem and Brooklyn, are in high demand. Next up: Sound Off 4 Healthcare III (South Bronx) & Sound Off 4 Healthcare IV (Queens). Both flyers are attached in this email.
In case you missed our last 2 Sound Offs here are links to all of our media tools:
* Check out videos of past events on our youtube channel:
* Check out the links to pics of Young Voices Nation Events:
Open Mic Town Hall at Julia de Burgos Cultural Center on September 10, 2009.
Spoken Word Town Hall at Habana Outpost with Urban Word NYC Poets on September 17, 2009.
Follow us on twitter: we'll tweet updates on what you can do to join the fight 4 Healthcare Reform
Join our Facebook: Join our facebook group and get involved
Below is information about our next Soundoff in South Bronx
Sound off for Health Care Reform on October 22nd from 7-9 pm at the Betances Community Center located at 465 St. Ann’s Avenue (6 Train to St. Ann's Avenue), next to the legendary St. Mary’s Park.
Young Voices Nation, Betances Community Center, Freedom Community Center, and Pueblo en Marcha have joined forces to host the third Open Mic Town Hall event to empower our communities to tell Congress that we must have health care reform now!
Come learn about the truth about health care reform and be part of a movement that is working to make history in our generation to reform health care!
Keeping true to his campaign promises of breaking the status quo on education, environment and health care, President Obama has taken radically bold steps to reform health care. The inhumane injustices of our current health care system have activated President Obama to push for health care reform as a priority of national security and the moral imperative for the nation; our current system violates our fundamental basic human rights.
Unfortunately, most of the Republican Congressional leaders have sided with the private health insurance companies that endanger the quality of our care by putting profits over people and they work to stop the process to pass reform. The time to act is NOW to break the stalemate and demand our right for affordable and accessible health care! We need a health care system that provides for all – young and old, rich and poor!
On Thursday, October 22nd help build our movement in any of the following ways:
· Sign our Scrubs! Please donate photos tell your personal stories on our scrubs about why we need health care reform of which we delivered to Washington DC in November. Please visit this link to see our first delivery of our Scrubs to Washington DC on September 23, 2009: http://t.seiu.org/rtq22n.
· C.H.O.I.C.E. Blue Jeans Drive! Please donate gently-worn blue jeans and help the young women of C.H.O.I.C.E. reach their goals of 500 blue jeans before October 31st to be given to the New York Department of Homeless Services.
· Young Invincibles Photo Petition! Be photographed and be part of their petition to call for health care reform now!
We will be providing light food and refreshments.
For more information please contact:
Raybblin (917) 593-0051, email@example.com, or Terry (917) 593-0031, firstname.lastname@example.org.