Friday, July 3, 2009

This Fourth of July is yours,not mine. You may rejoice,I must mourn.- Frederick Douglass

As many will get ready for some BBQ's ,parties, drinking, and fireworks...I hope ya dont 4 get what 4th of July means to us. Dont get me wrong, i enjoy a good time to relax w/ friends,enjoy some good food and attend some great events but we shall keep in mind what we are celebrating, if we celebrating anything at all...

My girl Tamara tweeted me : "y'all know how i feel about tacky american holidays. some truth from Frederick Douglass....The Meaning of July Fourth for the Negro
and amen to her tweet.But I must say ya should read McKswifts blog post The Fourth of July-To Celebrate or not? definetly its on point..click to read it and make sure ya leave a comment.

Check him on reverbnation : www.reverbnation.com/kswift

No comments: