Friday, August 21, 2009

Steven Lopez


I must say this man is so creative and very talented...I love this painting of Erykah ...Keep doing ya thang Steven Lopez!!

words from Steven Lopez : "I do not paint to be somebody greater than myself. I’m a son, brother, lover and friend first. The real work resides in the relationships I have with people. My paintings are bi-products and extensions of myself. I utilize my art as a vehicle for telling stories. What I learned from them is the substance of my work. When you enter the vehicle, where I take you is the storyline. This is my formula for communication: story, substance then style. My feeling to communicate has catapulted me into the age old story of transformation. My objective is to ease the fear of the unknown and to document the ether that binds our souls."

No comments: