Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dare 2 Dream Conference last Thursday...

Dare 2 Dream was a Conference on the Dream Act for Asian Americans . Along with Joe Toronto ,we held two workshops for them and I took part in the panel.

This was a great opportunity to keep educating folks on the Dream Act and tap into the Asian American youth and also let them know that they have the power to make a difference and be active in the community.

During the panel, I was happy to see Sasha from SAYA . I met this lovely young lady while in DC and she is amazing. Although we both attend Hunter College , I havent seen her in years. It was great seing her there and I'm def. looking forward to collaborating in future projects with her and Kevin from YKASEC . Overall this conference was great and there was a good turn out of folks.


Pic. from a newspaper(check me out I'm the last person on the right)

No comments: