Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dreamie of the week....

Dreamactivist.org have been putting up this Dreamie of the week for quite a while now . this week goes to Ju Hong from Oakland...Lets go JU!!!!


Ju: "I was born in South Korea, and I came to the United States when I was twelve years old. At first, I had a tough time learning English and I had a difficult time to adapt American culture due to lack of support from the Asian community. Therefore, I never knew what it means to be living in a strong Asian community where people help one another, build strong relationships, and live a fulfill life within a secure family. And unfortunately, I’ve experienced racism, classism, segregation, and discrimination from the privileged people. Yes indeed, Asian Americans have been oppressed and marginalized by the dominant society. Furthermore, we have been treated as minority and perceived as second class citizens. With this injustice society, I knew I had to do something."

to keep reading on him click on Dreamie of the Week

No comments: