Monday, April 5, 2010

Trail of Dreams Walkathon

Sonia G: "I was told I never will amount to anything because of my status...on Sat. I will walk with the New York Trail of Dream Walkers because I refuce to give up on my dreams....I hope you can walk with us"




Inspired by the heroism of the 4 immigrant youth from Miami, six immigrant youth from the NYSYLC, will begin walking to DC on April 10th. With over 250 miles separating the NYC harbor from Washington, DC, the group plans to kick off the event on April 10th with a community 7.5 mile walk-a-thon through the George Washington Bridge to New Jersey. They plan to join the Trail of Dream walkers on May 1st and make several stops along the way to bring awareness about the issues that undocumented youth and their families face.




**************************
Listen to one of the walkers interview on WBAI 99.5
on FM: www.archive.wbai.org
under Global Movements, Urban Struggles March 30,2010 at 10am section

No comments: